Residential Property Sale Contingent Upon Buyer Obtaining
Residential Property Sale Contingent Upon Buyer Obtaining
A most important priority for the real property buyers are mortgage contingent clause or otherwise called loan clause. To be more precise, it is called as the provision for buying a home property contract. This states that if the buyer is unaware and not given the mortgage within a limited period of time, then the buyer has all the rights to quit the deal and get back to his deposits. Residential property sale contingent upon buyer obtaining, is a very important phase for a buyer before he/she buys the property. A contingencies, in other words can be described as the final procedure of the seller in negotiation with the buyer for his/her property.
There are a lot of contingent policies that the seller can demand from the buyer to accept before the buyer lands his family inside the seller’s property. The seller’s also use a specific term called as the contingencies period, where the following contingent is passed on comfortably and it is very much important for both the parties, the buyer as well as the seller.
The contingencies may vary depending upon the buyer and seller point of view. There are different type of contingencies namely the finance contingent, environmental contingent, zoning contingent or otherwise called as the land use contingent, title contingent, survey contingent, general suitability contingent and other contingent policies. The contingents that are mentioned above need not also be necessary for a transaction, but some additional contingencies are priority to other ongoing transactions.
Sample Template Preview
Residential property; sale contingent upon buyer obtaining mortgage; seller to furnish title insurance.
Real Estate Sale Contract
- _________(Purchaser) agrees to purchase at a price of $_____ on the terms set forth in this agreement, the following described real estate in _________ County (if legal description is not included at time of execution, _________ is authorized to insert it later), commonly known as _________, and with approximate lot dimensions of _________/_________, together with the following personal property presently located on it: (strike items not applicable) (a) storm and screen doors and windows; (b) awnings; (c) outdoor television antenna; (d) wall-to-wall, hallway, and stair carpeting; (e) window shades and draperies and supporting fixtures; (f) venetian blinds; (g) electric, plumbing, and other attached fixtures as installed; (h) water softener; (i) refrigerator(s); (j) _________ range(s); (k) garage door opener with _________ transmitters; (l) radiator covers; (m) indoor and outdoor (louvered) shutters; and
- _________(insert names of all owners and their respective spouses) (Seller) agrees to sell the real estate and the property, if any, described above at the price and terms set forth in this agreement, and to convey or cause to be conveyed to Purchaser or nominee title to it (in joint tenancy) by a recordable _________ deed, with release of homestead rights, and a proper bill of sale, subject only to: (a) covenants, conditions, and restrictions of record; (b) private, public, and utility easements and roads and highways, if any; (c) party wall rights and agreements, if any; (d) existing leases and tenancies; (e) special taxes or assessments for improvements not yet completed; (f) any unconfirmed special tax or assessment; (g) installments not due at the date of this agreement of any special tax or assessment for improvements now completed; (h) mortgage or trust deed specified below, if any; (i) general taxes for the year _________ and subsequent years including taxes which may accrue by reason of new or additional improvements during the year(s) _________; and to
- Purchaser has paid $_____(and will pay within _________ days the additional sum of $_____) as earnest money to be applied on the purchase price, and agrees to pay or satisfy the balance of the purchase price, plus or minus prorations, at the time of closing as follows: (strike subparagraph not applicable)
(a). The payment of $_____.
(b). The acceptance of the title to the real estate by Purchaser subject to a mortgage (trust deed) of record securing a principal indebtedness (which the Purchaser [does] [does not] agree to assume) aggregating $_____ bearing interest at the rate of _____% a year, and the payment of a sum which represents the difference between the amount due on the indebtedness at the time of closing and the balance of the purchase price.
- This contract is subject to the condition that Purchaser be able to procure within _________ days a firm commitment for a loan to be secured by a mortgage or trust deed on the real estate in the amount of $_____, or such lesser sum as Purchaser accepts, with interest not to exceed _____% a year to be amortized over _________ years, the commission and service charges for such loan not to exceed _____%. If, after making every reasonable effort, Purchaser is unable to procure such commitment within the time specified in this agreement and has so notified Seller within that time, this contract shall become null and void and all earnest money shall be returned to Purchaser; provided that if Seller, at h option, within a like period of time following Purchaser’s notice, procures for Purchaser such a commitment or notifies Purchaser that Seller will accept a purchase money mortgage upon the same terms, this contract shall remain in full force and effect. (Strike paragraph if inapplicable).
- The time of closing shall be on _________, or 20 days after notice that financing has been procured if above paragraph 4 is operative, or on the date, if any, to which such time is extended by reason of paragraph 2 of the Conditions and Stipulations below becoming operative (whichever date is later), unless subsequently mutually agreed otherwise, at the office of _________ or of the mortgage lender, if any, provided title is shown to be good or is accepted by Purchaser.
- Rents, premiums, under assignable insurance policies, water and other utility charges, fuels, prepaid service contracts, general taxes, accrued interest on mortgage indebtedness, if any, and other similar items shall be adjusted ratably as of the time of closing. If the amount of the current general taxes is not then ascertainable, the adjustment of it shall be on the basis of the amount of the most recent ascertainable taxes. The amount of any general taxes which may accrue by reason of new or additional improvements shall be adjusted as follows: _________. All prorations are final unless otherwise provided in this agreement. Existing leases and assignable insurance policies, if any, shall then be assigned to Purchaser. Seller shall pay the amount of any stamp tax imposed by State law on the transfer of the title, and shall furnish a completed Real Estate Transfer Declaration signed by the Seller or the Seller’s agent in the form required pursuant to the Real Estate Transfer Tax Act of the State of _________ and shall furnish any declaration signed by the Seller or the Seller’s agent or meet other requirements as established by any local ordinance with regard to a transfer or transaction tax; such tax required by local ordinance shall be paid by the party upon whom such ordinance places responsibility for it. If such ordinance does not so place responsibility, the tax shall be paid by the (Purchaser) (Seller) (strike one).
- At the election of Seller or Purchaser upon notice to the other party not less than 5 days prior to the time of closing, this sale shall be closed through an escrow with _________ Company, in accordance with the general provisions of the usual form of Deed and Money Escrow Agreement then in use by _________[bank or trust] Company, with such special provisions inserted in the escrow agreement as may be required to conform with this contract. Upon the creation of such an escrow, anything in this agreement to the contrary notwithstanding, payment of purchase price and delivery of deed shall be made through the escrow and this contract and the earnest money shall be deposited in the escrow. The cost of the escrow shall be divided equally between Seller and Purchaser. (Strike paragraph if inapplicable.)
- Seller shall deliver possession to Purchaser on or before _________ days after the sale has been closed. Seller agrees to pay Purchaser the sum of $_____ for each day Seller remains in possession between the time of closing and the time possession is delivered.
- Seller agrees to pay a broker’s commission to _________ in the amount set forth in the broker’s listing contract or as follows: _________.
- The earnest money shall be held by _________ for the mutual benefit of the parties.
- Seller agrees to deliver possession of the real estate in the same condition as it is at the date of this contract, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
- A duplicate original of this contract, duly executed by the Seller and h spouse, if any, shall be delivered to the Purchasers within _________ days from the date below; otherwise, at the Purchaser’s option, this contract shall become null and void and the earnest money shall be refunded to the Purchaser.
This contract is subject to the Conditions and Stipulations set forth on the back page of it, which Conditions and Stipulations are made a part of this contract.
Purchaser _________(Address) _________
Purchaser _________(Address) _________
Seller _________(Address) _________
Seller _________(Address) _________
Conditions and Stipulations
- Seller shall deliver or cause to be delivered to Purchaser or Purchaser’s agent, not less than five days prior to the time of closing, a title commitment for an owner’s title insurance policy issued by the _________ Title Insurance Company in the amount of the purchase price, covering title to the real estate on or after the date of this contract, showing title in the intended grantor subject only to (a) the general exceptions contained in the policy unless the real estate is improved with a single family dwelling or an apartment building of four or fewer residential units, (b) the title exceptions set forth above, and (c) title exceptions pertaining to liens or encumbrances of a definite or ascertainable amount which may be removed by the payment of money at the time of closing and which the Seller may so remove at that time by using the funds to be paid upon the delivery of the deed (all of which are referred to in this contract as the permitted exceptions). The title commitment shall be conclusive evidence of good title as shown in it as to all matters insured by the policy, subject only to the exceptions as stated in it. Seller also shall furnish Purchaser an affidavit of title in customary form covering the date of closing and showing title in Seller subject only to the permitted exceptions in foregoing items (b) and (c) and unpermitted exceptions, if any, as to which the title insurer commits to extend insurance in the manner specified in paragraph 2 below.
- If the title commitment discloses its unpermitted exceptions, Seller shall have 30 days from the date of its delivery to have the exceptions removed from the commitment or to have the title insurer commit to insure against loss or damage that may be occasioned by such exceptions, and, in such event, the time of closing shall be 35 days after delivery of the commitment or the time specified in paragraph 5 on the front page of this contract, whichever is later. If Seller fails to have the exceptions removed, or in the alternative, to obtain the commitment for title insurance specified above as to such exceptions within the specified time, Purchaser may terminate this contract or may elect, upon notice to Seller within 10 days after the expiration of the 30-day period, to take title as it then is with the right to deduct from the purchase price liens or encumbrances of a definite or ascertainable amount. If Purchaser does not so elect, this contract shall become null and void without further actions of the parties.
- The provisions of the Uniform Vendor and Purchaser Risk Act of the State of _________ shall be applicable to this contract.
- If this contract is terminated without Purchaser’s fault, the earnest money shall be returned to the Purchaser, but if the termination is caused by the Purchaser’s fault, then at the option of the Seller and upon notice to the Purchaser, the earnest money shall be forfeited to the Seller and applied first to the payment of Seller’s expenses and then to payment of broker’s commission; the balance, if any, to be retained by the Seller as liquidated damages.
- Time is of the essence of this contract.
- All notices required in this contract shall be in writing and shall be served on the parties at the addresses following their signatures. The mailing of a notice by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, shall be sufficient service.
- Purchaser and Seller agree by this contract to make all disclosures and do all things necessary to comply with the applicable provisions of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act of 1974. In the event that either party shall fail to make appropriate disclosures when asked, such failure shall be considered a breach on the part of that party.
- Agreement for sale of interest of purchaser
- Chicago form
- Contract in Form of Earnest Money or Deposit Receipt-Seller
- Erection of Building-Sales and Exchanges
- Forms Used in Particular Jurisdictions – California Installme
- INTEREST DEFERRED BALANCE
- Nevada – Seller’s Real Property Disclosure Form
- OPTION FOR BUYER TO OBTAIN LOAN
- REPORT OF ABANDONED PROPERTY
- Transfer to Occur Before Closing