Subcontract To Build House
Why a professional subcontractor is better than trying to do it yourself?
When it comes to building a home or a building as such you will always contact a general contractor to do the job. Even though you have given the work to the general contractor you cannot expect on general contractor to do the job. He hires certain other people to do different jobs like a carpenter, a painter, a plumber etc. These are known as subcontractors. The name suggests that the one contractor you have hired directly has contracted them.
It is very important to hire the right kind of subcontractor to build house because the main expertise is of the subcontractor. The general contractor may just see if the work is being done properly or not but it is the subcontractor who actually does the work and can do it perfectly to create the home of your dreams.
Many people tend to save money by doing the job of subcontractor themselves or get it done by some in their family and friends. You too can save money like this but the work done by a professional is unmatched and you cannot match the finish of the work. Also the time that you may take will always be more than the time taken by a professional subcontractor. Time and finish are two things that you may have to compromise upon if you try to do it on your own whereas the general contractor has contacts with such people who are experts in their respective field. Even though it may cost you a little more the work will be excellent if done by professionals.
Sample Template Preview
This agreement made _________[date] by _________, known as contractor and _________, known as subcontractor. Contractor and subcontractor for and in consideration of their mutual promises stated in this agreement and other valuable consideration, agree as follows:
1. Subcontractor agrees to do and complete in a satisfactory manner, all labor on a house size _________ known as _________ in the printed brochure of contractor. More specifically to include a completed house including two coats of paint on the outside. Also to include moving all finish materials into the house after completion. Framing to be on _________ centers.
2. Subcontractor further agrees to guard materials from damage, waste and pilfering, and to turn in all delivery tickets.
3. Subcontractor further agrees to completely clean up ready for inspection after completion of the work.
4. Upon a satisfactory final inspection, contractor agrees to pay subcontractor for all the work, the total sum of _________ dollars ($_____).
5. Subcontractor warrants that he [she] is licensed to do subcontract work or has regularly worked as a subcontractor.
6. Subcontractor warrants that he [she] carries worker’s compensation insurance or authorizes the contractor to deduct _________ percent to help offset the cost of worker’s compensation insurance.
7. Subcontractor further agrees to complete the house within _________ days after he [she] has been authorized by contractor to commence work. Failure to do so automatically gives the contractor the right to have the work completed and deduct the expense of completion from the contract amount as stated above. Subcontractor will advise contractor and the customer when he [she] will have the job ready for final inspection.
[Date, signature and seal]
- Bond of Subcontractor
- Building Contract
- Completion of Work by Owner in Case of Contractor
- Duties of Subcontractor
- Erection of Building-Building
- Grading Contract
- Payments by Subcontractor for Labor and Materials – Right of contractor to pay unpaid bills.
- Provision To Be Included In Subcontracts
- Purchase Order Form of Contract
- Site Conditions