Duties of Subcontractor 2,
Duties of Subcontractor 2
What is the subcontractor supposed to do?
A subcontractor is the employee who works under a contractor but is actually the real person who works at the construction site. There are many subcontractors involved in a project and all of them are required at different time during the construction because they all do a different thing. Some may be involved in erecting the walls while others may be doing the work of plumbing. So, different subcontractors have different responsibilities. But, in general the duties of subcontractor encompass the following
- To attend the meetings that explain the requirements of the safety measure of the project
- To provide such methods that will ensure a work place safe for the workers to carry out various jobs.
- To present a safety plan pertaining to the site.
- Present the safety manual of the company, the insurance certificate as well as the proof that the workers’ compensation can be covered by the insurance.
- To be able to provide to the workers the safety equipments for a work if needed on the regular basis.
- Provide the material and equipments necessary to carry out the work
- To be able o accurately present an estimate of the work and the amount of money that will be needed to complete the work.
- To be able to carry out all the task without needing any supervision and also be able to work in cooperation with other subcontractors
- To be able to manage a team of workers which includes hiring them, paying them and dealing with any type of issue that may arise between the workers