Scope Of Work
Scope of work is an important part of agreement
When you are getting into an agreement as a client or as a service provider, you should make sure that the scope of work (SOW) is described in detail in the paperwork. The contract mostly consists of the general terms and info like names of the parties, etc. It is the SOW part that is the most important. If some parts are left out of it, the client will not get all the service he has paid for. Similarly, if some extra things are added to it, the service provider will have to do more work than he is being paid for. Thus, for the sake of both the parties, the SOW should be exactly as agreed upon. Here are some of the things that it should contain.
- It should contain the total work to be done by the contractor in complete detail. Even the slightest detail should not be left out.
- The money that has to be paid by the client also has to be mentioned.
- Scope of work should also talk about the time in which the work has to be completed. It should also tell whether the contractor will be fined if the work is delayed. Also, whether he will be awarded if work is completed before time.
- It is always a great idea to mention the milestones that should be achieved during the project.
To create a foolproof scope of work you can hire a lawyer or just look for examples online.
- printable scope of work template